30 Hours Free
We are offering the 30 hours free childcare!
services OfferedThe services we offer are:
- The playgroup is open 38 weeks each year.
- We are open at similar times to Oakmere Primary School as well as having our own inset dates for staff training and curriculum planning meetings (which usually coincide with Oakmere Primary School).
- We provide care and education for young children between the ages of 2 years and 5 years (or when the child starts state nursery or school).
- We offer 15 hours free government funding for 2 year olds (if applicable), 15 hours free government funding for 3 and 4 year olds as well as the 30 hours free government funding. See our FEES section for full details.
- Our session times are:
- Morning Sessions: Monday to Friday 9.00-12.00
- Afternoon Sessions: Monday to Thursday 12.05-15.05
- All day: Monday to Thursday 9.00-15.05
- Lunch club 12.05-13.05 Monday to Thursday
- We follow the Early Year's Foundation Stage.
For details, see [ Curriculum ].
- Our playgroup works with at least the following minimum ratios:
- For 2 - 3 year old children the adult ratio is 4:1
- For 3 - 5 year old children the adult ratio is 8:1
As a member of St John's Nursery Playgroup, your child:
- is in a safe and stimulating environment;
- is helped to feel a valued member of the playgroup;
- is given generous care and attention because of our high ratio of adults to children;
- has the chance to join with other children and adults to develop their social skills and to live, play, work and learn together as a group;
- is provided with opportunities to learn through play, building on previous experiences, knowledge and interests;
- is supported in their learning and development by building on the foundations of what they know and can do and to promote the value for learning;
- has an allocated key worker who makes sure your child makes good progress;
- is in a playgroup which sees you as a partner in helping your child to learn and develop; and is in a playgroup in which parents help to shape the service it offers.
Registered Charity Number: 1130633